Be a part of Siskiyou Science Festival 2020
Host a Tour and/or a Presentation!
Siskiyou Science Festival 202 will be from May 2 to May 17th
Your tour or presentation ideas can be preliminary and you do not have to commit to a specific date or venue at this point.
Once your event has been selected to be included in the Siskiyou Science Festival schedule, we will ask you for more details and a finalized description for our website and print program.
Working together, we can develop events to encourage conversations, inspire curiosity, and reach new audiences as we highlight Siskiyou County.
Interested in finding out more about how your organization can work with the Siskiyou Science Festival?
Download our ‘Collaborator’s Guide’ to find out more and have a look at our ‘Collaborator Toolkit’, for even more resources. (Not yet available)
Fill out the short Form below by clicking on the ‘Submit Event Idea’ button and we’ll be in touch.
Even if your idea isn’t completely formed, please submit your idea and we’ll work with you to bring it to fruition.
We HIGHLY encourage experimental, new ideas – nothing is off limits!
For Tours and Presentations to be included in the Science Festival, we require:
- That it is grounded in science, technology, engineering, arts, or math (STEAM). Events that blend science with other genres (art, music, food, etc.) are welcome and encouraged, but there must be some STEAM involved.
- It must be co-branded with the Siskiyou Science Festival. We’re mainly looking for some Siskiyou Science Festival identification (signage, short message about the Festival, handing out Festival programs, etc.) at the Tour or Presentation so attendees understand the larger Festival context.
- Must meet basic safety and security criteria.
- Must be FREE for attendees! We want to be as inclusive as possible.
- Tours or Presentations are a series of science tours/hikes/topics/explorations designed to showcase the incredible scientific wonders of Siskiyou County.
- Every Tour and Presentation should be accompanied by at least one professional/scientist/engineer/programmer/technician/etc. to provide a unique perspective on the Tour or Presentation.
- It must take place between May 2 – May 17, 2020
All event ideas are due by January 31st, 2020 to be considered for the 2020 Siskiyou Science Festival. Any submissions after this date will be considered for the 2021 Siskiyou Science Festival.
If you have any questions please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 926-5508.